Having great skin is one of the most important things that you’ll want when it comes to taking care of your beauty. So you’ll want to make sure that you invest in a good lotion that will prevent your skin from getting wrinkled and loose.
Because this is what crepey skin is. When you get older or if you have recently lost a lot of weight, then your skin tends to lose its elasticity.
This is why it developed the texture of crepe, which — though it’s a lovely fabric — can look very unsightly and leave you feeling not very confident.
So what are the best lotions that you can buy to treat this kind of skin sagging? How much will you have to pay for top-of-the-range skin lotion? What properties should a good lotion have?
Well, if you want the answers to all of these questions and more, then we would suggest that you keep reading.
Best Lotions For Crepey Skin
Our first skin lotion comes with specially formulated ingredients that will help target the effects of aging skin.
Whether you have fine lines on your face or wrinkles under your arms, you’ll rest assured that this comes with everything that you need to firm up these areas and leave them silky and smooth.
This is created using natural, water-based formulas which will not subject your skin to any potentially caustic ingredients.
This will help to promote the growth turnover of your skin, enhancing the number of cells that grow and ultimately leaving your skin feeling more rejuvenated and fresher.
This also comes with peptides and amino acids that will help you to strengthen your skin and keep it strong against things like epidermis, which can cause a lot of irritation and short-term scarring of the skin.
Not only that, but this lotion will leave your skin feeling hydrated and smelling great. This is because of the aromatic hibiscus scent that Fullmoon comes with.
- Hydrating – this lotion is very hydrating, which is exactly what you need if you are suffering from dry and crepey skin.
- Gentle and soothing – you’ll definitely notice the difference in your skin, even after only one application.
- Plant-based – this Fullmoon serum uses plant-based ingredients that you can be sure will help to revive your skin in the healthiest way possible.
- Great packaging – All you have to do is apply a little drop to your fingers and massage the lotion gently into your skin.
- Expensive – some people might find this a little too expensive, so if you are wanting to save a few dollars, then you might want to purchase another lotion.
This next lotion is one for those who might have considered having cosmetic surgery, but might not be that comfortable with the price or the procedure involved.
This contains all the healthy peptides that you’ll need to keep your skin fresh and healthy. Collagen is essential for keeping the elasticity of your skin.
Collagen is produced less as you get older, with the natural bodily production of this skin protein decreasing by around 1% every year.
This lotion will help you to fight wrinkles, becoming active for around 8 hours after you have applied it.
This lotion is very simple to apply also. All you’ll need to do is place some of this on your skin and apply a thin layer to the area where you have excessive wrinkles.
You can even apply this lotion to your face before you apply your make-up. This is because make-up can often clog the pores and cause the skin to dry out.
By applying this lotion first, you can protect against this effect.
- State-of-the-art skin technology – this lotion uses some of the best ingredients and chemicals that you can get for your skin.
- Contains peptides – this is the lifeforce of good skin and having a lotion that contains it will really rejuvenate any areas of crepey skin.
- Longlasting – this will work for upwards of 8 hours after you have applied it. All you need to do is apply a thin layer to the affected area.
- Easy to apply – you won’t need any special brushes or tools for this lotion, all you need to do is rub it into the affected areas.
- This might be harder to apply on the face – if you are just looking to fill out a few lines on your face, then you might want to buy something a little heavy-duty.
This next moisturizer is one that is perfect for getting rid of fine lines that appear on your forehead, chin and either side of the eyes.
This comes with plenty of soothing elements that will not only help to tighten up any crepey skin, but also contains elements including aloe, coconut alkanes and hyaluronic acid.
This lotion will really help you to lock in some of the moisture that often escapes the skin, especially as you get older. The cream will absorb into your skin quickly and is very soothing.
As it states in the title of this cream, all you’ll have to do is apply it at nighttime and allow it to work its magic as you sleep. When you wake up, you’ll notice that your skin is looking a lot more youthful and fuller.
This skin lotion does not contain any harmful additives and uses a lot of natural ingredients that make it great to smoothly apply to your skin every day.
- Buttery – this is a very smooth skin cream and will feel simply amazing when you apply it. You’ll notice the difference immediately.
- Vegan – if you don’t want to use any products that have been tested on animals, then we would certainly nudge you in the direction of this lotion.
- This will not irritate your skin, which is great if you are working with any preexisting conditions.
- Leaves you with brighter skin – once you have applied this lotion, then you’ll be able to feel how hydrated your skin is immediately.
- Does tend to irritate – if you are suffering from any preexisting conditions, then you might suffer from redness and itching after application.
For anyone who feels like their face is sagging, then this next lotion is the best for you. This will leave your face feeling totally hydrated and elastic after use.
This contains coffee, which will help to exfoliate your skin. It will also provide your skin with plenty of antioxidants and free radicals that promote the production of skin cells.
If you are looking to fill out those fine lines, then this is also a great lotion to have. This contains vitamin A, which is known to really help to give you healthy and natural-looking skin.
It also contains vitamin b5, which will help you to lock in all the moisture you need to leave your skin looking smooth and oily.
This also contains seed oil that will help you fight against blue light exposure. This light that gets emitted from screens will often damage the skin and cause it to age prematurely.
- Cruelty-free – this is another lotion that has not been tested on animals, meaning that it is more than suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Reduces thinning skin – this is great if you are suffering from thinning skin and are worried about getting wrinkles as the years go by.
- Prevents sun damage – if you are a sun worshipper but you don’t want to damage your skin, then this is a great lotion to use.
- Easy to apply – all you have to do is apply a small amount of this lotion to the wrinkled area and you’ll notice the difference immediately.
- Expensive – the amount of lotion that you get in a bottle is not really commensurate with the price.
Next up, we have a skin lotion that can be used to rejuvenate the skin not just on your face but all over the body. This is great if you have crepey skin under the arms, on the legs or around the belly.
This comes loaded with peptides, which will really help with the production of cells that are necessary for your skin to get tightened up again.
This formula has been specifically formulated with this type of skin in mind.
This comes with micro-hyaluronic acid that will really help you to keep the moisture locked into the surface of your skin and prevent premature aging.
Even after 2 weeks, you’ll be able to notice the difference this lotion makes on your skin. Users have reported greater elasticity and firmness in the areas of sagging skin on your body.
The skin will also seem more hydrated after you have used this lotion for only a short period of time.
- Uses peptides – this lotion uses peptides that will prevent irritation and skin rashes. It will also keep your skin looking useful.
- Smoothing retinol – this will help your skin to get tighter and remain tighter, smoothing out some of those fine wrinkles.
- Works quickly – even if you have only been using this cream for a few weeks, you’ll be able to notice the difference that it makes.
- Hydrating – you’ll soon notice that the natural oils of your skin will return after you have used this lotion for a few days.
- Not much lotion – there is not much lotion that comes in the bottle. You might feel a little short-changed after this runs out in a few weeks.
Next up, we have a lotion that is designed just to help firm up the skin around your eyes.
We have all seen that there are numerous wrinkles that gather around the eyes and it will come as some relief to some people that there is a cream that targets this specifically.
This comes with a multi-compound that will help to target wrinkles, sagging, moisture loss, dull skin and discoloration. This is great if you want to reverse the effects of aging.
This will help bring that brightness back to your eyes, moisturizing the wrinkled areas so that they’ll positively be glistening after use.
This is a great anti-wrinkle treatment that will halt the need for you to use any more severe treatment like collagen injections or plastic surgery.
- Great eye treatment – if you have plenty of wrinkles around the eyes, then this lotion is a fantastic treatment, with its targeted formula.
- Targets the 5 signs of aging – whether it is wrinkles or a dull skin tone, this cream has a holistic effect, treating multiple signs at once.
- Smooth – you’ll notice how smooth your eyes feel even after a few uses. This is one of the most effective lotions to use.
- Restores brightness to dark circles – if you are suffering from dark circles under your eyes, then this is another great lotion that you can use.
- Strong odor – this cream does emit a very pungent odor which might not be appealing to some people.
This next product is a sunscreen, but it is great for preventing crepey skin that often afflicts people who are out in the sun for long periods of time.
This is made with delicate skin types in mind, so if you are someone who suffers from frequent skin issues, then applying this one might soothe some of those conditions.
This comes with healthy doses of hydrating vitamins and minerals, leaving you with a much healthy glow and will reverse some of the more obvious signs of aging.
This contains zinc oxide, which will shield your complexion and help protect against some of the more severe effects of UV damage.
This comes with a nourishing formula that will restore some of the natural hydration to your skin. This is a great lotion to use if you suffer from dry skin after being in the sun for so long.
- Stops free radical damage – these free radicals are very important when it comes to rejuvenating your skin.
- Great skin hydration – if you are suffering from dryness due to living in a warm climate, then you can’t go far wrong with this one.
- Sunscreen – if you like to spend long hours in the sun, then we would certainly recommend that you protect yourself before you do so.
- Easy application – you can easily put this on your skin by applying it quickly to your fingers and rubbing it gently into the skin.
- Strong smell – this is another lotion with a distinctive scent that you might find hard to wash out afterward.
When you are shopping for the right lotion, you’ll want something that can be used on your sensitive skin. Skin is a very delicate organ and not all lotion will be able to be used on your skin.
So here are a few things you’ll be looking for from your skin lotion:
Does It Hydrate?
This will be very important if you are suffering from dry skin. One way of telling whether or not your skin is hydrated is if you can “feel” the lotion on your skin after it has dried.
Does It Contain Nutrients?
Collagen and peptides are some of the most important things that you can get for your skin. This is because collagen is the natural protein that you get in the skin that keeps it firm and elastic.
You’ll need to make sure that you consult the back of your skin cream and find out whether or not your skin lotion contains these proteins.
How Easy Is It To Apply?
You’ll want a lotion that does not require any additional tools or brushes to apply to your face. If you are in a rush in the morning before work, then you’ll want something that can be applied very quickly on the tip of your finger.
You’ll also need something that you’ll not need to apply much of either. If you’re going to have to use a lot of this in one application, then you’ll soon find your tube completely empty.
You can read more about crepey skin here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Main Signs Of Aging?
The 5 signs of aging include: wrinkles, discoloration, dull skin tone, sagging and loss of moisture. Most of the good lotions will address all of these issues at once.
How Much Should A Decent Lotion Cost?
The price of the lotion will usually reflect how effective it is. For a really good lotion, you’ll probably be looking to spend anywhere between $50 and $80.
However, you can get some cheaper lotions that still provide you with decent anti-aging results (see also ‘Ordinary Anti Aging Skincare: The Complete Over 50’s Routine Guide‘).
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a skin protein that is naturally produced by your body. This helps keep your skin healthy and elastic.
As you get older, your body produces less collagen, which is why humans start to experience things such as wrinkles, pale skin and bags under the eyes.
We hope that our guide to the best lotion for crepey skin has helped you to identify what the best creams are for you.