The best lipstick for women with mature lips can help boost your confidence and provide you with a truly dazzling smile.
One of the most iconic shades that can help you achieve just that is red lipstick. From Hollywood cinema to glamorous supermodels, red lipstick screams confidence: it’s bold, bright, and brightens up any smile.
Being such a bold lipstick shade, many people tend to avoid it – especially older women. However, don’t let this scare you away from being the most confident, empowering version of yourself.
If you’re over 40, you may be on the hunt for the best red lipstick for mature lips. Being such a bold lip shade, you’ll want to choose one that doesn’t dry out your lips, settle into fine lines, or draw any negative attention to the area.
Therefore, to help you find the perfect red lipstick, I have compiled a list of all the best red lipstick for mature lips.
Let’s get straight into it!
Best Red Lipstick For Older Women
At any age, choosing the best makeup and skincare is important; however, it is especially important for those with mature skin types.
As previously mentioned, the best red lipstick for mature lips is one that doesn’t settle into the fine lines of your lips, and, instead, smoothes out your lips; enhancing the appearance and overall features of your face.
Below, you will find the best red lipsticks for mature lips that will keep you smiling.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick – Miranda May
If you’re looking for the best red lipstick for mature lips, then you’ll love Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips lipstick. Not only does it come in a luscious red shade, called Miranda May, but there are also 11 other shades available!
This sulfate- and paraben-free lipstick, is available in both matte and satin finishes – accommodating to your preferences.
The lip color itself features a coral, pink-red color that provides a bright, beautiful pout.
One feature that makes this lipstick unique from others is its square lipstick tip, which is designed to mimic that of a lip brush for precise and easy application.
Generally, customers have praised the appearance of this lipstick on their lips, thanks to the unique applicator tip and the comfortable lip formula.
- Satin and matte finish – If you’re deliberating between the two finishes, always choose a satin finish over matte as it is much more hydrating and less likely to dry your lips out.
- Square tip – The unique square tip mimics the style of a lip brush for easy application; helping you achieve a flawless finish every time.
- Free from parabens and sulfates – You don’t have to worry about any nasty ingredients in this product.
- Drying – some users found the matte shades too drying and accentuated the lips lines.
Also Available From
2. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipcolor – Red Passion
This L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lip Color is the perfect lipstick for users over the age of 50. In the formula, you’ll find a unique blend of vitamin E, argan oil, and Omega 3s to help keep your lips feeling hydrated and soft.
This lipstick is available in a range of different red shades, to suit a range of different skin tones; although, a notable red shade would be their red passion which features a luxuriously red color.
In addition to red, there are also 45 different shades available, categorized under pinks, berries, nudes, and, of course, reds.
Overall, customers regard this product with high respect. Notable comments share that the lipstick contains a vivid color, applies smoothly, and keeps their lips hydrated throughout the day.
- 45 different shades – You’re able to find a red lipstick that matches your skin tone exactly.
- Hydrates and softens lips – A unique blend of vitamin E, Omega 3s, and argan oil keeps your lips hydrated throughout the day.
- Matte finish – You don’t have to worry about touching up your lipstick during the day, as this matte finish is extremely long-lasting.
- Unpleasant smell – Some users had a hard time wearing the lipstick due to its smell.
3. Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Lipstick – Pink Rhapsody
If you’re over 60, I think this Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Lipstick is about to become your next best friend.
Not only does it feature a highly pigmented red color which looks amazing on most people but it is also formulated with Yves Saint Laurent’s patented hydro-spheres which keep your lips nice and hydrated all day long – you don’t have to worry about it settling in and enhancing any fine lines. Making it a great choice for mature lips.
On top of that, it also offers important SPF 15 protection to help protect your lips from the sun’s damaging, aging rays.
When looking at reviews, many users have expressed happiness with this purchase. They shared that the red color is exactly what they were looking for and were impressed at how long the color lasts.
- Ultra-pigmented lipstick – With only one swipe of this lipstick and you’ll be provided with a rich and luxurious red color.
- Hydro-sphere formulation – This ensures that your lips stay hydrated all day.
- SPF protection – An SPF of 15 helps protect your lips from the sun’s rays.
- Touch-ups – Some users have found that they need to touch up their lipstick more frequently.
Also Available From
4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick – Red For Me
This Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick is another top choice for mature lips. Available in 39 different shades, you’re sure to find something you like.
The red color, red for me, itself is a true red color. When you think of old Hollywood movies and dramatic entrances, this color pops into your mind.
Not only is it irresistibly dramatic but it is also formulated with shea butter to leave your lips hydrated and smooth while leaving an attractive creamy color behind.
Customers who have bought this product were impressed by the high-quality formula at a drugstore price. Likewise, the perfect shade and long-lasting color were also notable mentions.
- Hydrating and creamy formula – This prevents your lipstick from settling into any fine lines on your lips.
- Smooth finish – You don’t have to worry about any creases, lines, or blemishes with this lipstick.
- 39 shades available – With such a huge variety, find the best red lipstick shade for you.
- Color portrayal – Some customers expressed that the colors shown on the website don’t paint an accurate picture of the color in real life.
5. By Terry Lip-Expert Matte Liquid Lipstick – My Red
If you’re looking for a matte finish that won’t settle or enhance your lip’s fine lines, then you’ll love this Liquid Lipstick from By Terry.
The lipstick features an easy-to-use applicator that improves the precision to help you achieve the sleek red look.
High absorption volatile oils are included in the formula to provide you with that smooth lipstick finish while creating a protective layer over your lips.
The color itself is bright and vibrant which creates a matte, rich hue that’s both cocktail- and kiss-proof.
Customers who have purchased this lipstick express that it is extremely hydrating and feels great on their lips, with an impressive color choice.
- Matte finish – This lipstick is extremely long-lasting.
- Hydrating – Keeps your lips hydrated.
- Liquid lipstick – Great for those looking for a more durable lipstick.
- Drying – Some customers have expressed that after a while the lipstick becomes more drying, this may not be ideal for mature lips.
Also Available From
When buying the perfect lipstick for mature lips, there are a few considerations to keep in mind. Not only do you want to feel the most confident, empowering version of yourself, but you want your lipstick to help you achieve this.
With this in mind, below, I will be detailing everything you should look out for when purchasing the best red lip.
One factor that distinguishes a good lipstick from a bad one is the level of hydration it provides.
Especially for mature lips, you’ll want a lipstick that provides you with an abundance of hydration.
Otherwise, you’ll find that your lipstick will settle into the fine lips of your lips and create an overall unappealing look – this is only enhanced when weaning red lipstick!
Therefore, when looking for red lipsticks, ensure that they contain elements of hydration. Some notable ingredients include shea butter, aloe vera extra, and Vitamin E.
Red lipsticks are among the most pigmented lipsticks. This is generally due to their bold, vibrant color.
However, that doesn’t always mean that they are long-lasting. Additionally, some red lipsticks can be streaky and blotchy.
Therefore, finding the right formula is important. You’ll want one that is pigmented, long-lasting, and provides a smooth finish.
These factors were carefully considered when choosing the above-mentioned lipsticks!
Frequently Asked Questions
If this is your first time experimenting with red lipstick, then you’re bound to have some questions.
With this in mind, I have sourced all the most frequently asked questions concerning mature lips and red lipstick to provide you with some peace of mind.
How Do You Apply Lipstick To Older Lips?
Like most things, there are some tips and tricks that can help you achieve a flawless red lipstick finish.
If you have mature lips and are worried about applying red lipstick, then don’t be! Below, I have outlined some tips on how to ensure your lipstick is on point, every time.
These mature women’s red lipstick tips will help you avoid some common mistakes when applying lipstick that can sometimes ruin your look. Some tips include:
- Before applying lipstick, exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Select hydrating lipsticks that feature a soft matte, cream, or velvet finish which avoids drying out your lips.
- When you have lipstick on; avoid licking your lips at all times.
- Use a lip primer and lip liner to prevent your red lipstick from bleeding or smudging.
- Balance your bold lip by having more subtle eye makeup (or vice versa).
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with bold colors on mature lips.
- Apply a small amount of foundation and powder on the outside of your lips, this helps to prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
- Choose a red lipstick that is a similar color to your blush.
- Ensure that your body is hydrated to prevent your lips from getting overly dry.
- Avoid applying lipsticks to the corners of your lips since this can sometimes create a drooping effect.
Does Red Lipstick Look Good On Older Women?
Absolutely! There is no reason why older women with mature lips shouldn’t wear red lipstick. In fact, it looks amazing for all different ages.
With the right formula, red lipsticks can make you feel sexy and powerful, not to forget that it looks drop-dead gorgeous!
What Color Lipstick Looks Best On Mature Lips?
Older women can wear whatever lipstick they desire. As long as it provides you with confidence and makes you feel good, there is no reason not to wear it!
Generally, it is recommended by makeup artists to wear a color that matches the undertones of your skin for the perfect combination. These consist of neutral, cool, or warm undertones.
Typically, lipsticks that feature a coral, peach, orange, or red color will look best on those with warmer undertones, while plum, blue-red, raspberry, and pink-colored lipsticks will look better on those with cooler undertones.
For neutral undertones, you’ll likely suit a combination of these shades.
Red lipstick has the power to make you feel unstoppable; like you can accomplish and succeed in anything you put your mind to – that’s what makes it one of the most attractive lip shades.
On top of this, it looks good on everyone, no matter their age. Hopefully, this guide has informed you on the best red lipsticks for mature lips.